Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announced today that Mortal Kombat X for mobile devices is celebrating its first anniversary with the largest content update since launch!
Players will have plenty of impressive features to check out in the latest update including several exciting new Gold characters, Challenge Mode skins, gear and gear effects, as well as an overhaul of Faction Wars, and much more.
The latest update to Mortal Kombat X for mobile brings new content, including:
● New Faction War Store and Currency
○ Blood Rubies, a new type of currency obtained through Faction Wars, have now been implemented and can be used in the brand-new Faction War Store. Improved leaderboards and more frequent Faction War Seasons give players more opportunities to win and earn rewards.
● New Rewards
○ Two new exclusive Gold Characters, Kobu Jutsu Tanya and Dark Emperor Liu Kang, and three new pieces of equipment including the Bloody Shokan Armor, Bloody Voodoo Doll and Bloody Tomahawk.
● New Challenge Characters
○ Five new Challenge Characters will be added over time, including Challenges to obtain new skins including Marksman Kung Jin, Dark Lord Kotal Kahn, Klassic Kano and more.
● Performance Improvements
○ Improved matchmaking system and character balance updates.
Finally, as an extra treat to fans, all Mortal Kombat X for mobile players will receive the exclusive Fujin’s Blessing support card in addition to an abundance of Souls just for playing.
Mortal Kombat X for mobile blends fighting and card collection for a whole new way to experience Mortal Kombat on mobile platforms. Featuring cinematic gameplay and visceral Fatalities, play as legendary and new generation fighters created for Mortal Kombat X. Players who also own Mortal Kombat X for consoles have the ability to unlock exclusive content in the mobile game and vice versa.