We’ve got some good news for all you music aficionados because ATLUS is partnering with iam8bit to release the Persona 5 soundtrack on vinyl records! So what can you expect? Well, there’re going to be two editions available for purchase:
- Essential Edition – This version will come with 4 vinyl records that contain selected tracks curated by the Atlus Sound Team and will be priced at $100.
- Deluxe Edition – This version will feature the complete Persona 5 soundtrack on 6 vinyl records and will be priced at $175 (limited pressing of 1,000).
Besides having sweet Persona 5 music on vinyl, you can bet that the records will come packaged with stunning album cover art. We can’t reveal it just yet, but please stay tuned to iam8bit for more information in the future. AND THAT’S NOT ALL! iam8bit will also be documenting the entire creation process of the albums via videos, photos, and interviews. This includes:
- Mastering – They’ll visit their favorite mastering studio, Infrasonic, and chronicle how music is mixed for the retro technology that is vinyl.
- Test Presses – They’ll show you what it’s like to create lacquers & test presses, which serve as the benchmark for the vinyl’s audio quality.
- Vinyl Production – They’ll hang with their friends from Noiseland at their factory in France, capturing the analog magic of melting “wax” and stamping records. It’s pretty crazy to see because some of these machines are nearly 100 years old!
- Packaging – They’ll reveal just how much work goes into creating a unique packaging experience from design to printing to assembly.
- Artwork – They’ll reveal the “Mystery Album Art,” the result of an intimate collaboration between iam8bit, ATLUS, SEGA, and a to-be-announced, top-secret artist.
The Persona 5 vinyl soundtracks will ship in Q4 2017 and pre-orders will begin 10:00 AM PDT today at http://www.iam8bit.com .
The details of the three limited PS4 editions of the games are below:
“Take Your Heart” Premium Edition – PlayStation 4 only ($89.99/CA$109.99)
Exclusive to the PS4 version of the game, the premium edition includes the following:
- “Sounds of Rebellion” soundtrack CD: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer Shoji Meguro in a CD wallet featuring P5 artwork.
- 4″ Morgana plush: Morgana the cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but is also a member-and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4″ plush of Morgana.
- “The Aesthetics” 64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
- SteelBook: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
- Shujin Academy school bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.
- Collectible outer box: Easily the largest premium edition in ATLUS’ history, the entirety of the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition comes in a colossal collectible box.
SteelBook Launch Edition – PlayStation 4 only ($59.99/CA$79.99)
Available only to PS4 pre-orders and a limited number of day-one purchases, while supplies last.
- SteelBook: The PS4 version will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
Those who have missed out on the “Take Your Heart” Premium and SteelBook editions will receive a DualShock®4 Wireless Controller skin with their standard edition of the game! This stylish decal features a few members of the motley crew known as The Phantom Thieves, and is the perfect accompaniment for a long night of stealing hearts. The controller skin is available inside marked copies of the standard PS4 in the Americas while supplies last.
Plus, the game is now available for PS3 and PS4 digital download on the PlayStation®Store. The PS4 version is priced at $59.99 and the PS3 version is priced at $49.99 (with commensurate international pricing).
Persona 5 is a game about the internal and external conflicts of a group of troubled youth who live dual lives. They have the typically ordinary day-to-day of a Tokyo high-schooler – attending class, after school activities and part-time jobs. But they also undertake fantastical adventures by using otherworldly powers to enter the hearts of people. Their power comes from the Persona, the Jungian concept of the “self;” the game’s heroes realize that society forces people to wear masks to protect their inner vulnerabilities, and by literally ripping off their protective mask and confronting their inner selves do the heroes awaken their inner power, and use it to strive to help those in need. Ultimately, the group of Phantom Thieves seeks to change their day-to-day world to match their perception and see through the masks modern-day society wears.
Persona 5 is now available in the Americas and Europe, for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3. The game is rated M by the ESRB.
For more information, please visit the official website, atlus.com/persona5
Tags: Atlus, persona, persona 5