E3 2009 Screens: The Conduit (Wii)
Developer: High Voltage Software
Genre: First Person Shooter
Release Date: June 2009
The current chaotic state of Washington D.C. has escalated due to increased reports of “alien” activity in the Potomac area. These reports have been confirmed as true by our field agents. Normally, we could be sure that this information would be ignored, but the events of recent terrorist attacks on the capital and the assassination attempt on the President’s life has left government and private organizations in an overly paranoid state. All U.S. agencies are scrambling for any answers to these threats. As you know they are unprepared and incapable of dealing with what is to come. It is in the Trust’s hands to neutralize this new threat to our nation.
We have designated these alien subjects as the Drudge. It has been established that they are operating in and around the Potomac River near the capital. All attempts of contact have been met with hostilities. As to their purpose it is as of yet unconfirmed, but speculation of an invasion seems to be the highest probability.
* Cutting Edge Visuals: You have been provided a Trust issue Heads-Up Display (HUD) which provides “Next-Gen” visuals of a caliber never before seen on the Wii. Through dynamic environment mapping, interactive water with real time reflection, and four stage texture composition including gloss, diffuse, and bump mapping.
* Enemy Intel: Early intelligence suggests that invading forces are not human in origin. Designated as “the Drudge” these sentient beings have increased hostilities within our nation’s capital. They are brutal, cunning, and without mercy.
* Weaponry and Equipment: You will have access to our Trust arsenal of experimental weapons as well as conventional firearms. Additionally you will be able to acquire the alien weaponry of the Drudge. These devices are specially tailored to the capabilities of the Wii controller, allowing different firing modes and ease of control. You will also be issued an “All Seeing Eye” (ASE). This experimental devise will reveal concealed enemies, objects, and more providing an in-depth level of problem-solving.
* Complete System Customization: We have made available a robust array of customization and calibration options for your controller. These functions will assure your personal style of play through changing of controller options, button layouts, dead-zone/bounding box, and more.
* Trust No One: You may engage with as many as 12 operatives in various online modes. “Wii-Speak” communication is available for contact with friendly agents. Resolve conflicts between rival forces in many designated areas throughout the D.C. area.
Tags: e3, Sega, The Conduit, Wii