The handheld cyber battle resumes as Capcom has announced plans to release Mega Man Battle Network 5 in two versions – Team ProtoMan and Team Colonel for the Game Boy Advance video game system. Emancipate the internet once and for all from the cyber menaces that await Mega Man, his pal Lan and friends as players experience the most exciting Battle Network adventure yet. Building on the prior Mega Man Battle Network games, the ProtoMan and Colonel versions will be distinctly enhanced with different enemies, characters, souls and battle chips. Mega Man Battle Network 5 Team ProtoMan and Mega Man Battle Network 5 Team Colonel are scheduled to be released in North America this spring.
Once month has passed since the battle ended with the Dark Chip Syndicate for the Earth’s existence. Now an evil organization called the “Nebula” is attempting to take complete control over the global internet. Now players must team up with other cyber heroes to liberate the Nebula-controlled areas of the internet and stop this malevolent organization.
In Mega Man Battle Network 5, players must partake in an extensive liberating mission where they must defeat the cyber enemies that wait, while acquiring and using up to six Navi allies to help progress through the adventure. Each Battle Network version will have a set of specialized cohorts that can be obtained including characters from previous installments of the series. Working as a team will be crucial if you want to liberate the Nebula-controlled areas. Plug into flashbacks of stored digital data and images which will uncover information that may help resolve unanswered questions.
The “Soul Unison” system returns, allowing players to utilize the special abilities from the opponents’ souls encountered in the game, enabling Mega Man to transform and use these powers during battle. Furthermore, the tempting “Dark Chip” will re-emerge. This attractive chip permits players to control the power of the darkness but the more times these chips are used, the more Mega Man’s Net-Navi’s maximum hit points will dwindle.
Mega Man Battle Network 5 includes the following features:
- Liberation Turf Battle Missions – The battle structure is based on freeing Nebula controlled areas. By utilizing the abilities of each acquired ally to liberate each region, the field returns to normal.
- “Chaos Union” system – Allows players to control the power of the darkness by uniting with a Dark Chip.
- Flashback scenarios – Plug into the past to uncover useful information
- Distinct features for Team ProtoMan and Team Colonel
- Six distinct allies to befriend for a total of 12 Navi comrades
- Separate storylines in each game
- Six souls per game, for a total of 12 souls, that can be used in the “Soul Unison” system
- Assorted battle chips for each version
Enemies that are unique to each title
Expect more information as we get to closer to the game’s soon-to-be-announced release date.
(Source: Official Capcom USA press release)