Burnout 2: Point of Impact
Systems: Playstation 2 (Out Now), Microsoft Xbox, Nintendo Gamecube
Release Date: May 2003 (Xbox & Gamecube)
EXCLUSIVE FOR XBOX VERSION:
– 15 additional Crash mode junctions ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬” the world’s favourite Burnout mode just got bigger. The ‘Crash for Cash’ mode is now bigger and better, with 15 brand new dangerous Crash junctions. Double the madness. Double the carnage. Double the insurance premiums.
– Extra decal sets available for all Custom Series cars ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬” Four additional custom decal sets are selectable for all CS vehicles e.g. ‘Red Dragon’ and ‘Union Jack’ decal sets only available in Xbox version.
– Increased polygon count on ALL player cars ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬” utilizing the extra graphical power available on the Xbox ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬” vehicles have more than twice the detail than in the PS2 version.
– Real-time cubic environment mapping ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬” all vehicles reflect the game world making the vehicles look much more realistic.
– Custom soundtracks option ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬” this allows you to create your own Burnout 2 soundtrack, choosing the specially composed original music for Burnout 2 ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬” or any of your own music you’ve stored on the Xbox hard disk.
– In-game real-time Dolby Digital 5.1 audio ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬” experience Burnout 2 like never before. Dolby Digital 5.1 provides the ultimate Burnout 2 experience. Feel the roar of the traffic as 5.1 discrete channels of surround sound give the most exciting and entertaining racing experience yet.
XBOX LIVE FEATURES:
– Xbox Live hi-score table support ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬” Compare your Burnout 2 skills with the best Burnout players in the world and your friends.
– Over sixty online leader boards including best time on each track, highest scores in Crash Mode and other Burnout 2 statistics.
– Offensive Driving 101, where you can “Learn to Burn” from the Burnout Driving School.
– All-new Pursuit races allow players to race a police car and ram opponents off the road.
– Crashes are bigger, badder, and more heart-stopping than any seen before: Vehicles deform and car parts fly across the highway!
– New Custom Series Mode that allows you to race modified vehicles complete with body kits and decals.
– Six new United States themed locations, including Miami, Los Angeles, The Rocky Mountains, New Mexico and a busy international airport.
– Thirty new stages to drive with fourteen all-new vehicles ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬” over 600 miles of challenges and courses to complete the game.
– Secret vehicles to unlock including police cars, 1950’s hotrods and stock cars.
– Realistic weather effects, such as snow, rain and fog.
– All-new points-based championship gameplay structure.
– All new boost system – vehicles can now get air and earn boosts by jumping.
– Intelligent traffic system, featuring three distinct types of driver behaviours.
– Totally new graphics engine
– Advanced lighting effects such as Bloom Lighting: highlights reflect off of windshields and metal exactly as in real-life.
– Significant increases in polygon count and texture size.
– True specular reflections with specular mapping and true specular lighting with specular mapping on all surfaces.
– Reflective surfaces.
– Specular bloom effects for ultra-realistic specular lighting and halos.
– Anti-aliasing and flicker filtering.
– HDTV (480p) support on NTSC version
– Enhanced traffic system supporting complex intelligent behaviours.
– State-of-the-art CPU opponent AI with advanced humanistic spatial awareness.
– Enhanced engine audio model including real-time distortion processing.
– Dynamically mixed context-sensitive audio streaming.
– Non-interrupt-driven texture upload system for higher performance.
– Enhanced instance rendering.
– Enhanced streaming technology.