They say that whoever reaches the top of the colossal Yggdrasil will have their greatest wish fulfilled. So what’s so hard about hiking up a tree? Well, besides being a gigantic labyrinth, the Yggrasil is home to many nightmarish creepy crawlies and terrifying FOEs just waiting for a tasty treat to come waltzing by. But don’t let that dampen your adventurous spirit because the Etrian Odyssey V contains a treasure that will strengthen your resolve!
Here’s what you’ll get when you pre-order or otherwise grab The Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond The Myth: the 24-Page Art Book – Beautiful character art and concept sketches by the illustrious Yuji Himukai cover the pages of this magnificent art book. The unique explorers that will fill up your party are a wonder to behold.
And that’s not all! Learn about the armoured Dragoon in our new trailer. One of the four classes for the Earthlain race, the Dragoon is all about soaking up damage and dishing out the heavy artillery with their hand cannon. They’ll need to rely on protecting the party from various attacks with different guard stances and is the first line of defence against all the hostile creates roaming around the Yggdrasil. As Dragoons level up, they can choose between a Master form that emphasizes strong defence or one that focuses on offensive capabilities.
The Bufu Boyz are back and ready to celebrate the 10-year anniversary of the Etrian series! ATLUS’ own Will and EJ will be streaming various Etrian games every Friday starting July 28 at 23:00 BST / 15:00 PT. This will all lead to the EOV streaming event on September 15. Tune in for your chance to win some prizes and help them navigate perilous dungeons!
· A Choose-your-own-odyssey Feel – Starting with the creation of your party to exploring the uncharted labyrinth of the Yggdrasil Tree, Beyond the Mythis all about choosing how your own adventure unfolds. Test your survival skills by wisely navigating the winding floors of Yggdrasil, using shrewd tactics when battling gruesome beasts, making the right decisions during various “scenarios,” and more. To meet these challenges, the home base city of Iorys is ready for all your buying/selling, recruiting, and information-gathering needs!
· Gameplay Fit for a True Pathfinder – It wouldn’t be an Etrian Odysseygame without the life-or-death need to map your progress. For those new to the series, the bottom screen of the 3DS displays a top-down, tile-based map that must be filled out while dungeon crawling. Players can use the map to mark the locations of treasures, doors, enemies, environmental obstructions, and more. Expect the unexpected at every turn-and then make a note on the map so it’s not so unexpected next time!
· Epic Turn-based Battles – There’s a reason why no one has ever reached the top of Yggdrasil. Dangerous creatures and utterly terrifying FOEs-high-level mini-bosses, for you newcomers-roam the labyrinth on every floor, so prepare to test your mettle with challenging turn-based battles. Proper planning is a must and balancing strong party composition is absolutely crucial for success. You’ll need the right team to unleash Union Attacks and level the playing field!
· Expanded Character Creation and Customization – With four unique races, 10 distinct classes, more customization options than any previous game in the franchise, and a streamlined skill tree/class advancement, you can shape a party to whatever your heart desires.
· A Magical Art Style and Score – Longtime series illustrator Yuji Himukai and renowned composer Yuzo Koshiro return to add their signature magic to the art and music in the game.
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth will release fall 2017 for the Nintendo 3DS™ system and will be priced at £34.99. For more information please visit the website: http://atlus.com/etrian5/.
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth Key Facts
Platforms: Nintendo 3DS™
Release: Winter 2017
Age Rating: PEGI 12, USK 6
Languages: English (Voice and text)
About The Author
Crystal is a graduate student in psychology. She started playing video games on Atari 2600, PC, and Super Nintendo and moved on to own a Playstation 2, Wii, DS, 3DS, and XBox 360 among others. Her favorite franchises are The Legend of Zelda, Team Fortress, Metroid, Ace Attorney, Left 4 Dead, Final Fantasy and Pokemon, though she likes to branch out into anything can hold her interest. She spends most of her time reading, doing research, exercising and playing video games.