Join us in celebrating 25 years of gaming and friendship with live HD coverage of Blizzard Entertainment’s 10th BlizzCon, taking place November 4–5
Virtual Ticket on sale now at BlizzCon.com
The most epic Blizzard event of the year kicks off on November 4 in Anaheim, California at the 10th BlizzCon®, where gamers from around the world will be gathering with Blizzard to celebrate 25 years of games, community, and fun. Even if you can’t make it in person, you can still join the excitement from home with the BlizzCon Virtual Ticket—available to order now at www.blizzcon.com.
Taking place November 4 and 5 at the Anaheim Convention Center, BlizzCon is a two-day celebration of Blizzard’s game universes and the global player communities that bring them to life. The BlizzCon Virtual Ticket provides comprehensive live HD coverage of the show on two online channels, giving gamers at home a front-row seat to the developer panels, contests, and other activities at the show.
“It’s incredible to think that we’re getting ready for our tenth BlizzCon,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We can’t wait to celebrate this epic milestone—and Blizzard’s 25-year anniversary—together with everyone joining us in person and watching from home with the Virtual Ticket. We’ll have more live games than ever at this year’s show, and we look forward to sharing our newest content, celebrating our players’ creativity, and witnessing some incredible esports competition this November.”
Available for £24.99, the BlizzCon 2016 Virtual Ticket grants access to both days of convention content, including:
- Developer Panels – Get a first look at the latest developments in World of Warcraft®, StarCraft® II, Diablo® III, Hearthstone®, Heroes of the Storm™, and Overwatch®—all live from the main and panel stages.
- Exclusive Interviews – Want to go deeper into your favorite Blizzard games? Get even more insider info from members of Blizzard’s development teams in exclusive in-depth interviews.
- Community Contests – Watch your fellow players put their creativity on display in the costume, talent, art, and movie contests on Friday evening.
- Closing Ceremony – Snag a front-row seat for the Saturday-night closing celebration, and help us give a weekend full of Blizzard gaming and esports action a raucous send-off—more information to come!
- On-Demand Replays – Miss a panel or just want to revisit your favorite moment? The Virtual Ticket provides access to on-demand replays of main-stage and panel-stage events for three weeks after the show.
The Virtual Ticket also includes a variety of commemorative bonuses to help keep the celebration rolling even after the weekend’s over:
- Epic In-Game Items – Unlock commemorative BlizzCon in-game goodies for World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo III, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, and Overwatch. More details coming soon!
- Access to BlizzCon Loot – Shop for BlizzCon merch from home with access to this year’s online BlizzCon sale, scheduled to run from October 10 through November 6, and grab some snazzy new Blizzard gear debuting at the show.
- Pre-purchase the BlizzCon Goody Bag (in a Box) – For the second year running, Virtual Ticket buyers have the option to pre-purchase a BlizzCon Goody Bag (though this year, it’s in a box). Visit BlizzCon.com to learn more about how you can snag this chest full o’ commemorative treasures.
Watch the Opening Ceremony and Esports Competitions Free
Even if you don’t purchase a Virtual Ticket, you’ll still be able to catch plenty of BlizzCon action online free. Coverage of the opening ceremony and the esports tournaments taking place at BlizzCon—including the Global Finals for the 2016StarCraft II World Championship Series, World of Warcraft Arena World Championship, Hearthstone World Championship, Heroes of the Storm Fall Championship, and more—will be streamed free in HD at www.blizzcon.com . Stay tuned for more information, including complete programming details.
More information on BlizzCon 2016 and the Virtual Ticket can be found atwww.blizzcon.com . With multiple games in development, Blizzard Entertainment has numerous positions currently available—visit http://jobs.blizzard.com for more information and to learn how to apply.
About Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
Best known for blockbuster hits including World of Warcraft® and the Warcraft®,StarCraft®, and Diablo® franchises, Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. (www.blizzard.com ), a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), is a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software renowned for creating some of the industry’s most critically acclaimed games. Blizzard Entertainment’s track record includes twenty #1 games* and multiple Game of the Year awards. The company’s online-gaming service, Battle.net®, is one of the largest in the world, with millions of active players.
*Sales and/or downloads, based on internal company records and reports from key distribution partners.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves Blizzard Entertainment’s expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future, including statements about the dates and event plans for BlizzCon 2016 and the BlizzCon Virtual Ticket, are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Factors that could cause Blizzard Entertainment’s actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include unanticipated product delays and other factors identified in the risk factors sections of Activision Blizzard’s most recent annual report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Blizzard Entertainment and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Blizzard Entertainment nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Blizzard Entertainment or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.
Tags: Blizzard, BlizzCon