The Pokémon Trading Card Game (TCG) is a collectible and competitive trading card game. In the competitive Pokémon TCG, each player constructs a deck of 60 cards and uses it to battle against other players in fast-paced, strategy-oriented play. Since the debut of the Pokémon TCG in 1996, more than 21.5 billion cards have been shipped to 74 countries around the world.
Pokémon TCG: XY—Steam Siege
Pokémon TCG: XY—Steam Siege
is the latest expansion to the Pokémon Trading Card Game franchise, featuring the powerful BREAK Evolution mechanic, giving evolved Pokémon even more power during battle! When Shiny Mega Gardevoir-EX
and a host of greedy forces lay siege to the mighty Gear Palace, the Mythical Steam Pokémon Volcanion must wield the dual powers of fire and water to stop them! As the battle rages, Xerneas BREAK and Yveltal BREAK face off in this exciting new expansion. Booster packs and two theme decks—Gears of Fire and Ring of Lightning—will be available in stores on August 3, 2016
, introducing more than 115 new cards
to collect and play.
Key Features of the Pokémon TCG: XY—Steam Siege expansion
- Xerneas BREAK and Yveltal BREAK debut— The popular Legendary Pokémon Xerneas and Yveltal appear as Pokémon BREAK, giving players added strength in battle.
- Seven new Pokémon BREAK— Five additional Pokémon BREAK join Xerneas BREAK and Yveltal BREAK. These new cards, featuring landscape orientation, a unique foil pattern, and “gold-plated” art rendering, include Yanmega BREAK, Talonflame BREAK, Pyroar BREAK, Clawitzer BREAK, and Hydreigon BREAK. These cards give the evolved Pokémon more power, adding an HP boost and an extra attack or Ability to the Pokémon’s existing attacks (similar to the LV. X mechanic from the Diamond & Pearl Series).
- Volcanion and Magearna make their TCG debut— For the first time, the Mythical Pokémon Volcanion and Magearna make an appearance in the Pokémon TCG, and do so in a very big way. The expansion features Volcanion as both a regular card and a dual-type Pokémon-EX, while Magearna-EX makes its impactful debut.
- Dual-type Pokémon return— For the first time since the Pokémon TCG:HeartGold & SoulSilver Series, dual-type Pokémon make an appearance in XY—Steam Siege. Dual-type Pokémon give more options to players in deck building, and the new expansion includes three dual-type Pokémon -EX, including two Mega Evolution Pokémon, to add to your deck.
- More Mega Evolution Pokémon and Pokémon-EX— Mega Steelix-EX makes its Pokémon TCG debut, and a new Shiny Mega Gardevoir-EX is also featured in the new expansion. These incredibly powerful cards are joined by four more new Pokémon-EX: Steelix-EX, Magearna-EX, Gardevoir-EX, and Volcanion-EX.
- Booster packs—Packs of 10 additional cards selected from the expansion.
- Two new theme decks—These 60-card preconstructed decks are designed to introduce players to the Pokémon TCG by enabling them to play right away.
Play! Pokémon provides opportunities for Pokémon TCG and video game players to enjoy their favorite games together—from casual Pokémon League gatherings to competitive events that make up the Pokémon Trading Card Game and Video Game Championship Series. The Championship Series culminates each year with the Pokémon World Championships, where players from more than 30 countries battle for the title of Pokémon World Champion in three different age divisions. There are more than 450,000 entrants in Pokémon events worldwide each year.
New to Play! Pokémon? Check out a Pokémon League in your area! Pokémon Leagues are strong communities of Pokémon TCG and video game players around the world, and groups can be found in cities and towns in many countries, including Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Italy, Germany, Mexico, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Pokémon Leagues are a great way to play casually and trade with others! For more information on Play! Pokémon or to find a Pokémon League in your area, please visit http://www.pokemon.com/uk/play-pokemon/ .