Another Star, a game by Vision Riders Entertainment, has made its way onto Valve’s Greenlight service, a system that allows the Steam community to vote on which indie games they would like to see on Steam.
More information can be found on the game’s website.
Another Star’s Greenlight page can be found here. If you haven’t already, read Ashe’s Another Star review here.
Tachi is the inexperienced prince of Clan Minas, eager to prove himself as a warrior. Under his father’s orders, Tachi is sent on a mission to retrieve a fallen star in the hopes that it will bring power and glory to his clan. But before long, Tachi’s quest spirals out of control with clans betraying each other in the hope of getting the star’s power for themselves. Thus begins a chain of events that will set Tachi on a journey across the entire planet, eventually learning the true nature of the fallen star he had once hoped to harness.
- An entire game packed into just 256 eight by eight pixel tiles!
- Optional CRT filter, originally developed for console emulators, that can be enabled and disabled at any time.
- Over 30 original music tracks composed using actual samples from the Yamaha YM2413 FM chip.
- Approximately 20 hours of gameplay for the main storyline.
- Secret areas are hidden everywhere. Those who explore are sure to be well rewarded.
- Over a dozen dungeons to delve into and conquer, some hidden off the beaten path.
- Five difficulty levels, giving each player a chance to beat the game on their own terms.
- Four levels of character growth speed, including an “Old School” setting for those who love to grind for EXP.
- Both the game difficulty and character growth can be customized at any time from the options menu!
The style used for the game’s promotional art draws inspiration from the work of artist Yoshitaka Amano. Click on any of the images for a high resolution version.
Tags: another star