Sony is supporting smaller developers on Playstation Network, and an all new platformer will be hitting PS3 this October.
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken is a promising action platformer/shooter.
Full Press Release:
Ratloop Asia Expands the Rocketbirds IP with Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, Coming Exclusively to PlayStationÃ‚Â®Network this October
Step into the Clawed Feet of the Rebel Badass Hardboiled Chicken and Take Down the Totalitarian Penguin Regime with Shotguns, Grenades and Jetpacks, Oh My!
Los Angeles, CA – August 31, 2011 – Ratloop Asia, an independent publisher and developer of high quality, innovative games for the hardcore audience, today announced that its cinematic platform adventure game, Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, the second installment in the critically acclaimed Rocketbirds franchise, is coming exclusively to PlayStationÃ‚Â®Network this October.
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken builds upon the browser-based game Rocketbirds: Revolution! and expands the Rocketbirds universe with new characters, missions, puzzles, exclusive music videos, retro cut scenes and more. Set in Albatropolis, a land full of birds taken over by a totalitarian penguin regime, Hardboiled Chicken, the original Coq of War, must assassinate the evil penguin leader Putzki. His mission will unlock the secrets to his mysterious, hard boiled past and uncover the real enemies of Albatropolis. In single-player mode, take on the role of Hardboiled Chicken and destroy your enemies with a slew of weapons you collect and unlock in each chapter. Master fowl play in the co-op campaign as a pair of Budgie commandos on a mission to save the general’s daughter. Many lives will be destroyed, countless penguins will die, and an astonishing past will be unveiled through a series of unlockable cut scenes and videos.
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken Features Include:
- 15 Chapters in Solo Campaign – Assume the role of Hardboiled Chicken, kick a$$, kill penguins and take names on a mission to assassinate the evil penguin leader.
- 10 Chapters in Co-Op Campaign – Select a pair from the dirty half-dozen Budgie commando characters and set out on a mission to save the general’s daughter.
- Puzzles: Your birdie-brain must think quickly to use your environment and solve a variety of puzzles to move on to each level.
- Stereoscopic 3D: Fantastic, non-dizzying Stereoscopic 3D support, running at 60fps/720p enhance the visuals wherever available.
- Mini-stories: The plot thickens as you unlock cut-scenes and music videos at each level that uncover the truth about the totalitarian regime and Hardboiled’s mysterious past.
- Weapons: Kill penguins with a cache of guns you’ll find along the way from pistols, shotguns and Uzis to MP5s, M60s and AK-47s. Bring down the regime with grenades and other explosives. Unlock the ultimate weapon – Brain Bugs!
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken will infiltrate PlayStationÃ‚Â®Network this October! Pricing and launch date will be revealed at a later date.
Tags: Platformer, ps3, Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken