: A non-numeric value encountered in /nfs/c12/h02/mnt/222827/domains/diehardgamefan.com/html/wp-includes/functions.php
on line 64
Without concrete information, sometimes it’s hard to determine exactly what’s going on. But with some circumstantial evidence in tow, is there a case to be made that Mega Man and Capcom aren’t happily married?
When Keiji Inafune left Capcom late last year, the future of the Mega Man franchise seemed to rest with the company.
However, the fate of Mega Man seems more uncertain than ever mid-way through 2011. Let’s take a look at some of the evidence:
- Mega Man Universe, a Little Big Planet-style level/game creator using the Mega Man franchise was canceled in March
- Mega Man Legends 3, a fan-focused game to launch on Nintendo 3DS, was also canceled, citing lack of fan interest
- After being omitted from Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Mega Man was also left out the expanded roster listing for Ultimate MVC3
- The last original Mega Man game, Mega Man 10 was released in March 2010
- The last Mega Man release for Nintendo DS, Mega Man Zero Collection, was simply a compilation
So what does this all add up to? Are there legal issues preventing Capcom from exploring the Mega Man franchise? Or without creator Inafune, is the series is in development limbo? Sound off in our comments section!
Tags: capcom, Mega Man, Mega Man 10