E3 2009 Screens: DJ Hero (PS3)
Release Date: 2009
Expanding upon the revolutionary easy to pick up/challenging to master gameplay mechanics developed and refined in Guitar HeroÃ‚Â®, DJ Hero delivers an all-new interactive music experience that allows players to rule the party and not only experience, but to hear music in an all-new way. With over 100 individual songs, highlighted in over 80 unique never-before-released mixes that blend genres of music, including hip-hop, R&B, pop, rock and electronica, DJ Hero delivers the most diverse and international collection of music ever assembled in a music game by incorporating anthems from legendary artists. Created exclusively for DJ Hero, the turntable controller immerses fans into the authenticity of DJ culture and a sea of music as they utilize and master various DJ techniques including scratching, blending, cross fading and sampling, while leaving room for creative expression with a variety of effects and player chosen samples and scratches, transforming a face in the crowd into the life of the party.
* Start the Party, Rule The Party – From intimate settings to the largest club events around the world, the DJ is the life of the party. DJ Hero gives gamers a chance to step to the front of the room in the most socially expressive experience by combining exhilarating gameplay, the hottest music and world-class DJs with the all-new turntable controller.
* Music Sounds Better With You – With over 100 individual songs included on-disc, highlighted in over 80 original exclusive mixes, DJ Hero compiles a massive set list spanning hip-hop, R&B, pop, rock, electronica, and almost everything in between, from world renowned artists like David Bowie, Blondie, Justice, Marvin Gaye, KRS-1, Beastie Boys, Gorillaz, N.E.R.D, Nirvana and 50 Cent.
* Here Comes My DJ – DJ Hero features in-game appearances as well as mixes and original music from some of the hottest DJs melting vinyl in clubs and over the airwaves throughout the world, bringing turntable legends like DJ Shadow from the dancehall to your living room.
* Bust A Move – DJ Hero drops the needle on the record for gamers and immerses them in common DJ techniques including mixing, sampling and various scratch patterns while offering social expression with freestyle effects and samples. Accessible to many audiences, all will feel comfortable spinning on the turntable controller that blends the unique DJ Hero gameplay with a host of authentic DJ cultures. So don’t just stand there, bust a move!
* Battle the Best or Scratch and Strum with the Rest – With DJ competitions playing a large role in DJ culture, from impromptu battles to the DMC World DJ Championships, inclusion of the DJ vs. DJ competitive game mode is a natural fit, giving beat chemists the option to battle head-to-head to determine virtual DJ supremacy. Additionally, two DJs can mix and scratch together on multiple turntable controllers, a player can join in to emcee over any track in the game with a mic or, using a Guitar Hero guitar controller along with a turntable controller, gamers can perform a series of infamous DJ-guitar exclusive mixes, just as many of the artists in DJ Hero have.
* Live and On Location – Where Guitar Hero brought gamers into the world of rock ‘n’ roll, DJ Hero brings gamers to the party with art design and venues reminiscent of real world locales from around the globe including an ultra plush Hollywood Hills style mansion to an open air beach club in Ibiza.
Tags: Activision, DJ Hero, e3, ps3