E3 2009 Screens: Lips: Number One Hits (360)
Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Developer: iNiS Corp.
Release Date: October 2009
Keep the party going with “Lips: Number One Hits,” the latest addition to the “Lips” franchise exclusively for Xbox 360. “Lips: Number One Hits” offers hit songs, including Coldplay’s “Viva La Vida,” Rihanna’s “Disturbia,” MC Hammer’s “U Can’t Touch This,” Timbaland’s “Apologize” featuring OneRepublic and Culture Club’s “Karma Chameleon,” that have graced the No. 1 spot on major worldwide charts, and that join the rich library of tunes already available. With even more genre-spanning songs releasing regularly on Xbox LIVE, emulating your favorite singer has never been easier. The Xbox 360 wireless microphone included with “Lips” is compatible with top third-party music titles releasing this fall, cementing “Lips” as the ultimate spontaneous singing party-starter.
Keiichi Yano, the celebrated developer behind some of the industry’s most beloved rhythm games, continues to bring his vision of collaborative and social musical entertainment to the “Lips” franchise. Bundled with the interactive wireless motion sensitive microphone that helps you rock all night long, “Lips: Number One Hits” encourages players to join in the singing party with their friends and family.
* Chart-topping music. “Lips: Number One Hits” has a robust list of songs on disc, representing No. 1 hits from the major music charts from around the world. New hits include Coldplay’s “Viva La Vida,” Rihanna’s “Disturbia,” MC Hammer’s “U Can’t Touch This,” Timbaland’s “Apologize” featuring OneRepublic, and Culture Club’s “Karma Chameleon” to provide the ultimate social singing experience.
* Interactive wireless motion sensitive microphone. Featuring stylish lights that pulse to the beat of the music, the microphone responds to singers’ actions and can be used as a percussion accompaniment. Movers and groovers can trigger Star Stream Power Bonuses by gesturing, shaking or posing with the microphone. With the freedom to rock out like never before, players can live out their singing dreams in style.
* Constant flow of new music. With songs from “Lips” and “Lips: Number One Hits” and the ability to download new tracks regularly from Xbox LIVE Marketplace and the in-game music store, singers can continuously find new music to bring people together and keep the party going. And now with the launch of the new Xbox LIVE Music Channel, it’ll be even easier to find, sample and download the latest hits to build your catalog for even more singing fun.
* Strike a pose. Using the motion sensitive technology in the wireless microphone, players will earn extra points when expressing themselves by matching song-specific gestures. Bonus points can only be won based on your timing with the song.
* Calling all Xbox LIVE avatars. Initiating avatar integration into the “Lips” franchise for the very first time, “Lips: Number One Hits” features players’ custom avatars in the in-game menu. In addition, players who sing their hearts out will be rewarded with unique unlockable accessories for their avatars.
* Great visuals, along with great vocals. Most of the master tracks will feature their original music videos; others will include custom visualizations.
* Play along. Using the standard Xbox 360 Controller, up to four people will be able to join the fun and choose from a variety of percussion accompaniments to play along with the music in “Lips: Number One Hits.” By placing control of various tambourines, claps and a cowbell at the fingertips of anyone with a controller, “Lips” creates a social entertainment experience for friends, co-workers and kids alike.
Tags: e3, Lips: Number One Hits, microsoft, Xbox 360