E3 2009 Screens: Bayonetta (360/PS3)
Release Date: Late 2009
Bayonetta is a cinematic, stylized action game from the famed creative mind of renowned game developer, Hideki Kamiya. The game’s protagonist is a graceful, gun-wielding witch with powers beyond the comprehension of mere mortals. Facing off against countless fantastic enemies in stylish yet action-packed combat, Bayonetta uses outlandish finishing moves to take the action genre to a new level of excellence.
* Groundbreaking Gameplay – Bayonetta, the game, is all about action. From the controls to the finishing moves, Bayonetta is positioned to be about pure action gameplay
* Hair Her hair serves as the basis of her costume and also her attacks and powers. These manifest in different ways:
* Wicked Weave attacks – By pulling off the right combos (illustrated by the loading screens), you’ll summon large demon fists and feet to punctuate the combos. Great for fighting bosses and large groups of enemies
* Torture Attacks – Unleash gruesome devices such as the Iron Maiden, Guillotine and more to finish off enemies and send them to hell by charging your Magic gauge.
* Climax attacks -To eliminate the upper ranks of her foes, Bayonetta’s hair serves as a magical conduit to summon demonic beasts.
* Interchangeable weapons
* Upgradeable weapons -In addition to her four enchanted guns called Scarborough Fair, she can unlock an array of weapons from shotguns, bazookas and fiery claws
* Enemy weapons – Bayonetta can also battle with a variety of other weapons retrieved from fallen enemies
* Beast Within – Bayonetta calls upon primal forces, transforming into various beasts (Panthers, etc.) according to the situation.
Tags: Bayonetta, e3, ps3, Sega, Xbox 360