Capcom officially unveiled Mega Man Battle Network 5: Double Team at this year’s E3, the first MMBN game to make its way to the Nintendo DS. The good news? It’s MMBN on the DS, and it makes use of the touchscreen to select and send chips. The bad news? It’s simply a port of both MMBN5 games on the GBA, which are coming out in June. The DS version is due sometime this winter.
Here’s the full press release from Capcom:
The handheld cyber battle wages on as CapcomÃƒÆ'”Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â® today announced plans to release Mega Man Battle Network 5ÃƒÆ'”Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â®:Double Team for the Nintendo DSÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¾Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢. An adaptation of Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman and Team Colonel for the Game BoyÃƒÆ'”Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â® Advance video game system, Double Team has players assisting Mega Man and friends to once again liberate areas of the Internet taken over by an evil organization. Building on the prior Mega Man Battle Network games, Double Team will be enhanced with interchangeable characters, an upgraded “Soul Unison” system and other exclusive features. Mega Man Battle Network 5: Double Team is scheduled to be unleashed throughout North American this fall.
One month has passed since the battle ended with the Dark Chip Syndicate for the earth’s existence. Now back under the new name “Nebula”, this evil organization is attempting to take complete control over the global internet. Now players must team up with other cyber heroes to liberate the Nebula-controlled areas of the internet and stop this malevolent organization.
In Mega Man Battle Network 5: Double Team, players must partake in an extensive liberating mission where they must defeat the evil organization that waits, while acquiring and using up to six Navi allies to help progress through the adventure. Each Battle Network version has a set of specialized cohorts that can be obtained including characters from Battle Network 4. Working as a team will be crucial to liberate the Nebula-controlled areas. Plug into flashbacks of stored digital data and images which will uncover information that may help resolve unanswered questions.
The “Soul Unison” system returns, allowing players to utilize the special abilities from allies and defeated enemies encountered in the game, enabling Mega Man to use their powers during battle. Furthermore, the tempting “Dark Chip” will re-emerge. Using the new “Chaos Union” system, players can fuse this attractive chip with an ally’s ‘soul’ allowing them to control the power of the darkness.
Mega Man Battle Network 5: Double Team includes the following features:
- Contains the original Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman and Team Colonel editions plus all new features exclusive to the system.
- Use your favorite Navis – When battling in liberation missions, players can transport their favorite Navi into your current version from the other version and vice versa. Now Team Colonel and Team Protoman are completely interlinked!
- Go Wireless – Battle tournament style with several participants!
- Dual Screen Functionality – Players can access their Cyber Map and PET through the dual screen.
- Cheer on Mega Man – Built in Mic support helps to power him up!
- Carry over chip data from prior GBA games into the Dual Screen version!